Pilz safety concepts are based on the individual requirements of the customer. Using our tried and tested methodologies, our safety concepts enable safe interaction between operators or maintenance personnel and machinery – without affecting productivity.
To remain competitive, as a manufacturer you need an effective, practicable safety concept when using new machinery or converting an existing machine. This must not restrict your machines’ productivity.
You need a safety concept that’s individually tailored to your requirements. Of course, its implementation should not involve any unnecessary extra work.
Based on the machine risk assessment that has already been carried out, the safety concept is where we develop detailed solution proposals for the technical implementation. That way we guarantee the safety of your machinery in accordance with national and international standards as well as your own corporate standards.
The Pilz safety concept (for machinery) considers:
- Use of fixed and movable guards
- Implementation of a safety-related plant and machine controller
- Devices for safe standstill and shutdown of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and other potential energy sources
- Detection of workers in danger zones
- Definition of the required performance level (PLr) for safety-related measures or safety functions