The purely digital motor feedback protocol HIPERFACE DSL® is now available for the servo amplifier PMCprotego D. It uses a minimum of connection cables between the frequency converter and motor feedback system, so supporting a single-cable technique within the drive technology. Not only does this save costs, it also requires less space and means less work during installation. As an open interface, HIPERFACE DSL® combines the benefits of a digital real-time interface.
The new energy stores PMCenergy SD save energy, used in conjunction with the servo amplifiers PMCprotego D and PMCtendo DD5! The available brake energy is absorbed and buffered – without mains feedback, as the energy store has no direct contact with the input-side power supply.
So the energy store saves you energy
The energy store PMCenergy SD independently calculates the level of the working voltage in the intermediate circuit. PMCenergy SD absorbs any energy that exceeds the voltage in the intermediate circuit. If the level falls short, PMCenergy SD pumps energy back. That is the point at which energy is saved.
The servo amplifiers’ intermediate circuits can simply be connected together, so that only one energy store is needed per axis group. The result is a very economical solution, particularly on larger-scale plant and machinery. Additional modules are available for the energy store PMCenergy SD, which can simply increase the storage capacity – depending on the requirement.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Save energy by buffering the brake energy within the overall system, comprising PMCprotego D or PMCtendo DD5
- Low heat generation ensures a longer service life for the devices
- Cost and space reduction due to smaller cooling devices
- Servo amplifier with lower power dissipation
- Without mains feedback: the energy store absorbs brake energy; this is not fed back into the mains. Even the mains feedback from the servo amplifier is minimised.
- Economical solution: the servo amplifiers’ intermediate circuits can be connected, so that only one energy store is needed per axis group
- Open, flexible solution: the energy stores can be operated with various servo amplifiers PMCprotego D and PMCtendo DD5
Discover this new option for processing brake energy and benefit from more energy-efficient drive technology!