Safe motion monitoring can be implemented through speed monitoring and is used to protect operating and maintenance employees. As a result, potentially hazardous movements are safely detected and appropriate countermeasures can be initiated in time.
In accordance with the Machinery Directive, when the drive is brought to a standstill, the operating status must be safely monitored and maintained. The motion monitoring safety functions – whether external or drive-integrated – must also be guaranteed. The term “safe” is understood in terms of functional safety from the relevant machinery safety standards EN 61508 and EN ISO 13849-1.
- Safe working practices with the safety gate open
- Reduced setup times as there is a better insight into the setup area
- Greater work safety due to safely limited setup speed
- Faster access to the machine once standstill is initiated
- Protection of the plant against mechanical damage